Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

It was an uneventful evening. I managed to stay awake until midnight, but just barely, when my honey came upstairs to say Happy New Year and give me a smooch. I wasn't feeling super good so I went to bed around 10:30 and chilled until that ball dropped. Just in time for the heartburn to kick up. So I had some toast and Zantac, then off to bed.

In honor of the new year, I stole this from Whoorl.....

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Started this here blog

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Don’t remember what resolutions I made and not making any this year just because I shouldn’t need an excuse to change.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thank god no.

5. What countries did you visit?

St Lucia

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A baby….

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

7/7/2007 – Day I found out I am pregnant. Pretty lucky day if you ask me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Got a promotion and got pregnant!!!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Became disenchanted with my job and didn’t perform as well as I could have.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Um, I rolled my ankle and scraped up my foot…..but nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Oh – my leather rocker recliner. I don’t think anything has ever been used so much.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My Pookie! We had some concerns early on in the pregnancy and his faith never waivered.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My boss…..ugh

14. Where did most of your money go?

If I knew that, then I would still have most of it, but I would bet a fair amount went to maternity clothes, the rest went to GAS!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My massage chair I got for Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Um, I have no idea…..I always listen to cd’s my honey has burned. No clue when what came out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:? a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, Fatter (um – pregnant!!!) & Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Contribute to my 401k and exercised.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Bitched about things I can’t change.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my honey and a close friend.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Yes – with my unborn son.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

How I Met Your Mother & Grey’s Anatomy.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nobody is worth my energy to hate.

24. What was the best book you read?

A Thousand Splendid Suns

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Um – aren’t there music talent scouts that are supposed to do this???

26. What did you want and get?

Pregnant.

27. What did you want and not get?

My house painted….but that is happening this month so it doesn’t really count.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Knocked Up was HYSTERICAL!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Worked, ate cake, had dinner…..and I’m not telling you.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Getting the house organized sooner, then I wouldn’t have wasted time thinking about it.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Haha…..casual comfort perhaps? Whatever applies to jeans & t-s.

32. What kept you sane?

Earl Grey Tea – still need a little caffeine even though I’m expecting.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I can’t say I was fancied, but I can’t help reading about Britney…..it’s like a trainwreck. You can’t NOT look!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

This war……why oh why oh why are we still doing this?

35. Who did you miss?

Bonnie. I know she would love having a baby in the house and would be an excellent Nanny Dog.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

My housepainter! His estimate was almost $1500 less than the first estimate we got – and that is including installing crown molding!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

Never underestimate my Pookie. He has been so supportive and wonderful through the entire pregnancy, I didn’t give him enough credit.

Also….being pregnant is a perfect time to get work done around the house since “there won’t be time once the baby comes.” Hehe…..

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Um, yeah, right. I’m pregnant, I don’t remember this morning, let alone lyrics to an entire song.

No comments: