I use the word preparations very loosely. I still have plenty to do. And honestly, I just don't wanna do it. I find that work is kicking my butt more and more every day, maybe that means I am getting more important?
Back to the party prep. Stuff left to do includes:
- Find a place to hide various random stuff in the house. I have a whole basement, it's not a huge deal, I just have to take it out. Guests just won't go in the basement so don't ask.
- Take out the trash. I didn't on Sunday night and the cleaning ladies were here and now there is like a gaggle of trash to go out. Ugh. That's boy work and unfortunately the boy of the house isn't here.
- Stuff goody bags.
- Bake cupcakes & decorate. We have a Sesame Street theme going on so there is some work required.
- Make cakepops. There's a whole process and stuff. It's kinda time consuming. It is a bit of a lofty goal for me but the minute I saw them, I fell in love and knew no other dessert would do for Ricky's birthday.
- Dust? Nah, it's ok, the cleaning lady was here last week. Scratch this one from the list.
- Buy white candy melts, I thought I had them already and I guess I didn't. Boo. Trip to Michael's is required. When the heck do I have time to do that?
- Whatever else comes up and something always does.
The upside of all of this, and this wasn't my primary motivation but it's a nice side effect, is his speech. For no reason other than because I can, I have always been totally paranoid about his speech progress. His body is clearly focusing on gross motor skills - dude can drop and kick a football midair, like punt. For realz. I think that takes skills - I can't even do it. But he just never made a whole lot of effort to talk because he would point or mumble and we would meet his every need. Now, without the binky, more Hello's and Goodbye's are being said. More rambling. He reads along with me when I read his bedtime book to him. It's pretty cool. So like I said, it's nice.
And he really does have the sweetest little voice. I love hearing that sweet voice.
If I just complained about being so tired and work kicking my butt, why am I blogging at 11:46pm?