Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowtorious B.I.G. - 2010

Like the title?  I can't take credit for it since someone posted it on a friends FB wall.  I am totally stealing it and you ain't gonna stop me.  It's a new year, we needed a new name.

It has been rumored that Fairfax County Schools are closed until Weds.  Local businesses and malls are closed.  All above ground transit has been stopped since 11pm last night but if you're in DC you can use the underground metro, of course if the drivers showed up for work.  :)  Everything is closed.  The region is basically shut down. Hospitals are asking for 4-wheel drive vehicles.  It's pretty much madness around here.

Me, I like it. I love the quiet.  I love hearing nothing else except the snow hit the ground.  I love the beauty the snow brings.  The way it covers the gray of winter and makes everything so serene.  It's like the ground is taking a much needed nap.  We do demand quite a bit of our planet so if she is gonna make us take a break, I'm ok with that.  As long as we continue to have power.  No power and my world will implode. 

I promised snow pics and I am trying to be true to my blog this year last year was kinda bloggy eh.  Anyway, here they are.  None of the toddler though, because um, he likes his naps in the middle of the day and Mommy likes that he likes his naps.  It's still coming down pretty good out there so I don't really plan on going out any time soon.  I know, I'm such the killjoy toddler mom.  Kids LOVE snow!  Ricky has been oohing and aahing over it all day long.  I guess it's a good thing that his snowsuit is navy so we can easily find him in this white out when we do eventually go out and play. 

To see all the pics, go to the online album located here.

Friday morning, 9:30 am.  Not really sticking as you can tell.
 


Neighborhood kids playing in the snow, this was around 2pm.
  


 I think this is a snowgirl. No, not because of the broom because of the wreath on her head. 
"The only thing that separates us from animals is our ability to accessorize."
  


Saturday morning, 10:30am.  Holy Schmoly!!!! 
  


Time to clear some snow!!!  It's totally covered 
again but at least now you can walk, kinda.



Ricky was really in to watching everyone shovel.  
 


There might be more pics tomorrow, just because it's STILL snowing.  Yes, you read correctly.  I know one thing, we won't forget this.  Definitely not.  History in the making folks and you were here!  Don't you feel so special now?


Gotta run, I want a snowcone.  Any idea where I can get one?

No comments: