My friend Jill over at Daily Verses gave me this award. For being honest. I think that's a pretty good honor and I hope I can live up to it. Some days are harder than others, I think we can all agree on that. I might not be the most eloquent person when choosing my words, but I try to be as up front and honest as possible.
Then again, there is this passive aggressive side to me that just wants to avoid a situation completely because being honest is too hard. Like right now, I am sitting on a FB friend request. The person who sent it has no idea that I don't really like her. I suppose it's because she wronged me in the past (in a professional capacity) and that still stings. To me, accepting that friend request will open up a whole can of worms and she will be back in my life and I really don't want her there unless it is absolutely necessary. I seem to hold on to things like that and it's just not a good thing.
Whatever. Back to the meme.
Jill is always so sincere and honest and much more eloquent with her words - she was an English major folks! I respect her opinion and advice more than she probably knows. I think she is amazing. Her strength and faith serve as an inspiration to me and I consider myself very lucky to have her in my life. Part of this award is for me to list 10 honest things about myself, and then nominate 7 other blogs that I find brilliant in content and/or design. That last part is gonna be hard because the ladies that I really love - some have already been nominated, but I will try my best.
My list, here goes.
- I watched SuperNanny on Friday night and thought to myself "OMG - that could totally be my kid" in some aspects.
- I feel like my BFF and I are drifting apart.
- I don't think I am doing enough to maintain our friendship at times but it's a two way street so I look for her to do the same thing and am still waiting.
- I miss my Grandmother terribly since she passed in September. Ricky does things and I want to share them with her and she isn't there. Each time I have that thought a little part of me aches inside.
- I weigh more than I ever have, with the exception of when I was pregnant.
- I have a horn addiction. I beep it frequently to move the car in front of me when we're waiting at a light and they're lollygagging because I am that impatient and hate missing the light.
- I say lollygagging. Yes, I do.
- I HATE laundry and have at least 5 loads waiting on me at this very moment. Once it's all washed it will take another 3-4 days to get it put away because I will be lollygagging about it.
- I am afraid of getting pregnant again. Ricky is so strong and so physical I have these images of being kicked in the stomach by accident if I were to get pregnant. Aside from the BP issues I had last time, how would we manage if I had to be put on bedrest for any period of time? Plus, I would officially be of "advanced maternal age" next time around. Needless to say, the whole thing scares the bejeezus out of me.
- I love cake. All cake. I wish every day were my birthday so I could eat cake.
- Amy - One of the most honest people I know.
- Heather - She needs to blog more because I love her posts.
- FertileMertile - I know she's already been nominated but I love her dearly and admire her for putting everything out there and being so true to herself.
- Jessica - I know she's already been nominated also but she is one of my bestest friends and I love her and am lucky to have her lin my life. Her honesty has helped me in more ways than she can imagine.
- WildWestHome - I don't think I have ever met a kinder woman. Ever.
- All About Adam - While I have yet to meet her IRL, I love her posts about her little guy. Her boy is a little older than Ricky and while she might not know it, reading about her challenges as a parent are inspirational to me.
- Little Leaps of Faith - She has has a pretty hectic year and has taken it all in stride. I think we can all learn something from her.