Friday, March 20, 2009

Lil Man!

We had our 12 month checkup yesterday. It went swimmingly well. And yes, I said swimmingly.

His stats are:

Weight: 28 lbs. 8 oz. You read correctly. He is in the 97th percentile. Now you know why we call him pork chop. Funny - at 9 mos I was calling him Piglet.
Height: 31 1/4 in. That put him in the 90th percentile. He has had a growth spurt recently. He used to be in the 60-70th percentile.
Head circumference: We're not going in to this again. He has his own big head curve.
Tooth Count: We have TEN! 4 top, 4 bottom, and 2 molars have broke through. It is nice to know that those terrorizing screams in the middle of the night were for something at least.

Developmentally, he is right on track and well ahead of schedule. Considering his size, the walking is a big surprise to most folks. I hear that larger children tend to walk later, perhaps they aren't able to support their weight or whatever. He has been walking, and I mean like across the room walking, for about 3 months now. He is consistently saying Dadadada. Every once in a while he will throw a Mamama in there, but it is never directed at me. He just calls me Dada too. I can hear in the sound of his voice him saying things, but the words aren't coming out. Like I will ask him a question and he will answer and by the tone going up and down I kinda get what he is saying. It's pretty darn fun.

I asked about the binky. Rick and I don't have a problem with it and Ricky loves it. During the day he can take it or leave it. It seems like he pops it in when he is thinking about something. Like trying to figure out a toy or playing with a book (as opposed to eating it - yay!) He is so laid that that I think he could probably do without it at naptime too. Bedtime, definitely not, he uses it when he self soothes and rolls over to go back to sleep. Basically I look at it like - who am I to take something away from him that comforts him so much. And Rick, well he flung hot sauce at his sister when she tried to break him from sucking his thumb at like 3 or 4 so he is all for Ricky having whatever he wants to suck on.

And that's how things are over this way.

No comments: