Sunday, August 24, 2008

Anyone in the Mood for Cake?

This website is too scary. Cakewrecks just highlighted how important it is that non native english speaking folks take an ESL class. Please, I beg of you. If you are going to be writing on a cake that several people will see, you are only doing yourself and your employer a disservice if you don't check your spelling. I know you aren't getting paid a great sum of money to be the cake decorator at Costco but any job worth doing is worth doing well. At the same time, I would wonder what your application or resume looked like and question the person who hired you to do this job.


I can understand getting things like they're, there & their mixed up. Perhaps you're and your as well. But to misspell words like wedding, girl, congratulations....you would think there would be a quick reference guide these folks would have to refer to. It isn't as if these words have never been written on a cake before.

Have I mentioned that spelling is my pet peeve?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so where is the picture of me and Ricky? By the way, that cake is hilarious! I was laughing my butt off. Yes, spelling is my pet peeve too.

Call you soon, sorry I missed your call today.

Kelli

Cherie said...

The website is freakin' hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.