Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4:18 AM

It's 4:18 am and Ricky won't sleep. Correction. He won't sleep in his bed.

Normally this isn't such a big deal. I love getting my little guy in the middle of the night and rocking him. Most of the time just a couple minutes in his room takes care of his nighttime woes and he is back to dreamland. Sometimes I will just come downstairs and sit in the big leather recliner, snuggled under my favorite quilt (made by Grandma) and we will just lean back and rock ourselves to sleep. BTW - this is my favorite time with him.

Well tonight he isn't being so cooperative. The minute he would hit that mattress after dozing off in my arms, he was wide awake.

I plopped him down in his swing, emptied the dishwasher, prepared the coffee maker, ate a bowl of cereal and I don't think he could be happier. He has been asleep for about 30 minutes. Go figure, now I'm wide awake. NOT a good thing.

I'm gonna try to catch a few Zzzz's before my dentist appointment. Which is in 4 hours.

Update:

I totally didn't make it to the dentist. I didn't get to sleep until around 7:30 am and I got up at 9 and came in to work.

UGH - I need a coffee IV.

1 comment:

gail said...

I don't miss that. Oh wait, we did something similar last night. Darn babies. Hang in there dude.