Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Do you know it has been 3 months already? Officially Friday is the 3 month mark, but we're close enough.

I don't have stats because there isn't a whole physical checkup at 3 months. I can say one thing for sure, this kid is a growin' like a weed! Most of his 0-3 month clothes no longer fit. As I sit here, he has on some pants and I'll be darned if they aren't too short for his little legs. He is smiling all the time, holding his head nice and steady and even sitting up on his own for brief stints while he is on my lap. He isn't so good at the grasping thing yet but we have plenty of rattles and other goodies so we can work on that.

As far as sleeping, well, some days are better than others. I can say he slept in his crib last night for almost 5 hours - woohoo! He isn't totally loving his crib just yet, but that will come in time. He does a little better each day. More than anything, it seems like gas and/or hunger wakes him up. Yes, we have a wedge in the crib and he is on Enfamil Gentlease (easier on the tummy). We have gripe water galore but this only seems to help when he has the hiccups - which is at least every day.

All I can say is that this has been an amazing trip so far. I am so glad I waited to start my family. So glad I waited until I had the most amazing husband and until I knew I was ready. I have always been rather selfish with my time and felt that I was finally capable of giving myself to someone 100%. Of course I am tired and cranky sometimes, but even after waking up at 4am, I still go into the office singing a tune. That also might be the 2-4 cups of coffee I've already had that morning. I can't lie and say there haven't been moments when I have questioned everything I am doing and days I haven't cried for no reason, but they are few and far between. I am so thankful for my beautiful family and whenever I look at Ricky, I can't help but smile. I don't remember a time in my life when my heart has been so full. Full of love, hope, faith, anticipation.....wow, that might mean my heart is overflowing. Who knew!

Happy 3 months Little Ricky!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy three GLORIOUS months little man!! We love you soooo much!! Keep working hard on all your milestones...It makes your momma soo proud!!