Thursday, June 19, 2008

Somebunny Wubs Me!

I think it might be Pookie.

I got flowers today. The card said "Just Because". How sweet is that?!?!?!

Yesterday he called me to tell me "Thank You". It went a little something like this:

Me: Hey, wassup?
Him: Nothing...just thank you.
Me: Um, what?
Him: Just thank you.
Me: For what?
Him: Just knowing you.....it's just good to know you. So thank you.
Me: Ummmmmkay. No, seriously.....?


I was immediately suspicious. Had he said something like "Thank you. Just for everything." I probably would have said dropped it. But "just for knowing you..."? I dug a little deeper and it turns out that my Pookie made a minor moving violation and the popo noticed. He was pulled over and ultimately was let off with a warning, which never happens for me, regardless of boobs.

He thinks it was the insurance. We have USAA. Most USAA members are either military or military dependents. I jumped on the USAA train over 10 years ago when I was with the ex and since I was his dependent, I was able to keep the policy after we split. It has been pretty nice. The coverage is excellent and the rates can't be beat. So, upon being pulled over, Pookie has a tendency to let the "Sir! Yes Sir!" fly, in an effort to convince the authorities he is indeed former military. This has worked for him twice.

See....this is the kind of luck we have. Not lottery winning luck, but just enough luck. I'm pretty darn happy with our luck. And I'm pretty darn-tootin' happy with my Pookie. I think I will make a wish to spread some of my luck around. I know a few people that could do with a little.

Oh...sorry about the baby talk. I just couldn't help it.

BTW - why does Blogger do maintenance at 5pm ET?

No comments: