Sunday, May 25, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

I started this post while sitting in the airport in Las Vegas on Sunday afternoon and didn't get around to posting it until Wednesday. Yeah, it took about that long to get the time to sit down and finish it. Besides, even after reinstalling XP, my laptop is still a littly wonky.

Why was I in Vegas you ask? Well, my BFF Kelli had an emergency this week. I'm not at liberty to discuss anything as this blog is all about my life, not hers. There was an emergency and she really needed some emotional support. The kind of support you don't have to ask for, the kind that just shows up. There really was no question of whether or not I would make the trip. Kelli and I have been best friends for over 20 years. She knows more about me than anyone in the world. We have been through marriages and divorces together, loss of loved ones, accomplishments, failures, everything. Alot has happened since that day in 7th grade when she and I met. So I came to Vegas. I made the decision to leave my baby for a couple days to come and support the person who has always been there for me. She would do it for me in heartbeat.

Have I mentioned in the past how awesome my husband is? He really, truly is - amazing. He knows how important she is to me so he gave me the blessing to go be with her for a couple days. See? He really is awesome! I really missed my little one but I knew that he was in good hands.

I think I am one of about 10 people in the world who has went to Vegas and didn't go to gamble. I did lose about $11, but eh, you can't go and at not drop a couple bucks on a slot machine to see what would happen. We didn't do anything in particular just hung out. On Saturday night we met up with a couple of her friends as she was in much better spirits by this point (I work fast people!). We ended up at The Foundation Room. It is a members only club located at the top of Mandalay Bay with an amazing view from their patio. Sorry for the crappo pic, it was my camera phone, in the freezing wind. I have to say it was nice getting out and just chilling for a few. It really isn't my scene anymore, but the whole "name on the list, velvet rope, private elevator" thing was very chic. I felt like I was in an episode of Entourage.

I'm so cool and I don't even know it.

No comments: