Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Two Months!

Happy two month Birthday Ricky! Has it been two whole months already???


OMG! This means I am heading back to work in two weeks. I am so not ready for that!

As far as how things are going, the update goes as follows. Ricky is going through a bit of a growth spurt. As a result, we are trying to keep up with the feeding demands which leads to a kinda cranky Ricky. We also had our two month checkup today. He is weighing in at 10 lbs 13 ounces which is the 25th percentile. His length is 22 inches, so it seems he isn't very tall. And his head circumference is 16 1/8" which is the 75th percentile. Daddy was very happy to hear about the head thing...we know his brain is growing big and strong.

We also had our first vaccinations today. Eeek!! I am doing a bit of an alternative vaccination schedule to lessen side effects. This means we will be at the doctor every month up to 7 months, but if it makes things easier on him and eliminates the need 4-5 shots per visit, then it is well worth it. I will say the one shot he got today(since Rotavirus is an oral dose -yay!), he took like a trooper. There was a minor whimper and he started to doze off. I think it helped that we had just fed him. Let's just pray that this is the way it continues. I made sure that Daddy came with us today as he is much calmer in situations like this. I don't want to start passing my neuroses on to the baby. I don't want him to start feeding off of my anxieties, that is the last thing we need. We also made sure to give him a pre-emptive dose of infant Tylenol to work against any pain and fever that may come up. So off I go, for an afternoon of cuddling and snuggling with my little man.

He is so freakin cute! I can see how every parent thinks their kids are the most handsome, beautiful, adorable, cutest ever. Because my kid IS the most handsome, adorable, beautiful, cutest kid ever. Hehe.

No comments: