Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Field Trip!

I took myself out for a field trip this week. I knew we had the vaccines today so I decided I needed a mellow place to chill. If I sit at the house, I look around at stuff to do that I don't want to do cause all I want to do is snuggle. So we left. We went to the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. I figured we could use a nice walk in the sun. I could have went to the mall, but it would have ended up costing me considerably more than the price of admission to the gardens.


It was beautiful. Not a whole lot of stuff was blooming, all of the lillies had already lost their blooms and the peonies (my absolute favorite), well only 2 bushes were blooming. They are putting in a new children's garden, complete with topiary bunnies, frogs, turtles and many more. There is a little sandbox and even an arbor with a little table and chairs for tea time. There is some new metal sculptural art, a butterfly meadow and so much more. There was even a bride and groom having some photos taken. It really is a gorgeous park and I recommend it to anyone in the area. It is definitely stroller friendly.



I would think anyone would be able to relax here.

No comments: