Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let's get this show on the road already

I think I just might make it through Christmas afterall.

The house has been cleaned, the cookies got baked, the gifts have been wrapped, Mom & Grandma's gifts have been sent. Granted, we have things stuffed in nooks and crannies of the house, but I'm not thinking about those until next year.

I posted here how screwed I am. But I am no longer screwed. Things are totally under control, at least as much as they will be and I feel so much better. That overwhelming feeling is gone. The only thing left to do is shop for Christmas dinner. We will have only one guest, my girlfriend from Florida, so I don't need to buy a ton of stuff or make room for oodles of people. Ah, maybe next year.

And did I mention that Santa went to the Coach store this year? I used to have a thing for shoes. Well, working in IT we have a pretty casual dress environment and being pregnant, well, maternity jeans are my thing. Needless to say, I have moved up to expensive handbags. This just started a couple years ago so it isn't as if I have thousands of dollars worth of purses in my closet and I don't purchase them frequently, maybe once of twice a year. I'm super picky about my handbags. Don't get me wrong, I still have a few Liz Claiborne bags I got years ago on some crazy clearance for around $5 each so I do love a good bargain. But I had a 25% off coupon for the Coach store so how could I let Santa pass up a good deal?

Back on topic....I even have some sugar cookie dough & frosting left to roll out and decorate when my friend arrives. I can't wait.

Merry Christmas to all...

No comments: