Friday, October 26, 2007

Things are looking blue....

My Pookie and I have been advised that we will be the proud parents of a bouncing baby boy come March!

We learned found out the news earlier this week, but I have been so busy and flew to Ohio to visit with family and catching up on work stuff I haven't had a chance to post the news.

So we went over to Washington Radiology earlier this week for the big ol' sonogram. Big props to these folks. The facility was wonderful, our ultrasound technician (Janet) was spectacular, the doctor was great. Overall, things went better than I could have ever expected. We arrived around 2:20pm for our 2:30 appointment, filled out a page or two of paperwork and waited patiently. We only waited about 5-10 minutes before we were called back. I changed into a gown and a super cushy WRA robe and proceeded over to our room. I had never had a sono before (insurance thing, long story...), so I wasn't sure what to expect. All I knew at this point was I did NOT need a full bladder. Thank god!

I was excited yet nervous. This is the first and only time I will get to see the baby before he is born, but now is also the time they will find anything wrong. The day that I have been looking forward to and dreading at the same time. I just couldn't wait any longer, yet felt like I could wait a million years. Ever since I had scheduled the appointment I had been thinking what did I do wrong in the beginning that I might learn about today? What about those protein boosts in my smoothies, that I was unaware are apparently not for preggies like me. What about the caffeinated cup of tea I have every day, not full fledged Starbucks and within the "safe range" of caffeine consumption but still I couldn't help but worry a bit.

Well, I just put myself through hell no frickin' reason at all! Everything was perfect - better than perfect. Janet (the sono tech) was wonderful. Pookie and I were pretty much a big bundle of giggles for the most part, making jokes, asking questions. I wish I could get an ultrasound every week. I can see why Tom Cruise wanted a machine in his house - it was totally fun! If I had some Mission Impossible money, I would buy one and hire a tech as well. His heart weas great, his spine was great, his tri cord or some thing that has vessels and veins was great. Overall everything was more than great. As a matter of fact, I hit 20 weeks tomorrow, but as of this past Tuesday, he was measuring at 21 weeks. If I measure my due date based on LMP, I am looking at March 15. If we measure based on the sono, we are looking at March 2. All I am praying for is that he doesn't weigh 15 lbs.

Oh - one funny thing. Thanks to the Wendy's frosty I had about an hour before, he was bouncing like crazy when we first started, but he settled down quickly. He likes to hang out low and at one point he was almost back down in my pelvis and we hadn't measured everything yet. I had to go potty and drink some juice, bounce around a bit all to try to get him moving so we could finish. I just thought this was funny because when we first started, those legs were spread wide open just showing the world he was a boy and he was ready for his pic to be taken. But once he came off that sugar high, it was clear he was settling in for a while.

I did manage to scan a couple of the pics, but they are on my pc at home so they will have to wait to be posted next week. Janet was amazing - we ended up walking out of there with 20-30 shots overall.

I have to say this was definitely one of the best days of my life.

Now I get to shop for more baby stuff since I know what part of the baby section I should be checking out!

No comments: