Friday, March 26, 2010

Home.

I'm home.  That was the longest 7 days ever in my life. 

The funeral has passed and now it's time to move on to healing.  Some other stuff came up and it is even more clear that I really need to talk to someone.  I have great friends and an amazing husband, but I have some Daddy issues that need to be addressed.  Right now, all I have for him is resentment and if I learned anything this week, it's that life is precious and you can lose someone in an instant.  It's time to get over myself.

As far as my sister's children, my oldest nephew is assuming guardianship if his younger brothers but I (along with everyone else in the family) will be playing a more active role in their life.  I don't know how often I will be there or if they will come here, but we are family so we will figure it out.  We have figured most everything out as far as paperwork, just a few final details.

Life is changing, that's for sure.  I am thinking for the better.  I really do need to be more involved in their lives but sometimes I have left life get in the way of that.  No more.

And that saying "It takes a village to raise a child." It really does.


3 comments:

Cherie said...

I'm always here if you ever want to talk.

Don't feel bad about needing to see someone; it can be so very healing.

I owe you a hug (and some lunch too). :)

Becki said...

{{hugs}}

You are great and your nephews are lucky to have you!

Beth said...

Glad you're back... I can't even imagine what a rough week it must have been. Your family is very lucky to have you.

I just made a donation... wish I could give more but money is so tight these days... hopefully I can give again in a month or two.

Thinking of you all! Call anytime! I'm so sorry for your loss, Nita!