- Cakepop didn't start out in perfect sphere shape. I'm anal and this didn't sit well with me, but I forged on.
- Cakepop was too big/heavy which meant it didn't really want to stay on the stick and started breaking apart. The consistency was off from the beginning.
- Red candy melts don't really look red, which was just weird.
- I still never found the perfect candy for Elmo's eyes and that bugged me too.
- Did you know that edible ink markers do not like to write on white chocolate chips? Lesson learned.
- Did you know that adding coloring to candy melts totally f's up the consistency and you have to put shortening (not oil - the white Crisco stuff) in to get it back? I learned this the hard way too.
- Candy melts consistency was way too thick and, um, just looked wrong. Like Elmo was wearing a severely misshapen head. It was just wrong. Oh very wrong.
I'm posting this now so I don't have to dwell on this tomorrow.
On the upside, the Cookie Monster cupcake turned out pretty well. Yay me.