Friday, March 5, 2010

Cakepop Update

Um, it didn't go so well.  Problems encountered include:
  • Cakepop didn't start out in perfect sphere shape.  I'm anal and this didn't sit well with me, but I forged on.
  • Cakepop was too big/heavy which meant it didn't really want to stay on the stick and started breaking apart.  The consistency was off from the beginning.
  • Red candy melts don't really look red, which was just weird.
  • I still never found the perfect candy for Elmo's eyes and that bugged me too.
  • Did you know that edible ink markers do not like to write on white chocolate chips?  Lesson learned.
  • Did you know that adding coloring to candy melts totally f's up the consistency and you have to put shortening (not oil - the white Crisco stuff) in to get it back?  I learned this the hard way too.
  • Candy melts consistency was way too thick and, um, just looked wrong.  Like Elmo was wearing a severely misshapen head.  It was just wrong.  Oh very wrong.

I'm posting this now so I don't have to dwell on this tomorrow. 

On the upside, the Cookie Monster cupcake turned out pretty well. Yay me.

5 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

Um, yeah, I'm gonna need to see photos.

Beth said...

I agree... need to see pics! CakeWrecks need them! =) Hey, you are seriously a Super Mama for even trying. For Real!

Glad the cupcakes turned out cute! I'm sure the party will go great tomorrow. Ricky is such a little charmer!!! =) Give him a big smooch from Adam and I!

Becki said...

I wouldn't even have attempted - you're already a domestic goddess in my book for trying!

KM said...

The cookie monster cupcakes ROCKED :) you did great!

Beth said...

Thanks for your comment!

Actually, our Doc did give Adam antibiotics TWICE when he didn't need them... once when they thought he had a staph infection (culture was negative) and once when they thought he had an upper. resp. inf. (but he had roseola -- an awful virus -- instead). So now *I* always question giving him the meds. At least he actually took the chidren's midol this time willingly -- said it tasted like a lollipop -- yay!

Are you able to come to his party next Tuesday 3/23? Would love to have you and Ricky! =)