Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tired.

Of course I'm tired, but it is midnight. For folks without kids, that is like 9pm. For folks with kids, that's WAY past bedtime.

It's been a long week. A very long week. Rick has had to work overnights, coming to bed around 5 or 6am, so it has pretty much been just me in the mornings. Morning duty isn't hard, it just means I have to get up about 30 minutes earlier than normal to get myself ready. Funny thing is, I get out of the house earlier on these days.

Rick - ugh. Poor guy, once he gets to sleep in the mornings it seems like a couple hours later his phone rings. If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another. The benefit of him being home is stuff like someone was here for the AC guy. But it's hard to sleep during the day with the landscapers and trash truck and other noises of the neighborhood. He did manage to stay up on Friday morning and did his morning routine with Ricky. I think he missed his time with Ricky in the mornings. It was really nice because Ricky surely does love his Daddy.

This morning, Ricky was up and at em at 6:30am. He and I had a lovely pancake & sausage breakfast. We played and walked around the neighborhood. Then this evening we went with our new friends, Ela and Joaquin, to a picnic with some Moms from a local Moms group and the kids played. And played. And played some more. Yeah, that kiddo went out like a light tonight. We seem to have settled in to a somewhat nice routine.

Tomorrow afternoon we have a birthday party with some great friends. Ack. All that did was remind me that I haven't made out the cards or wrapped the gifts.

After that, we're coming home and I am going to continue to enjoy our new grill along with the amazing corn on the cob that I bought at the Frying Pan Farmers Market this week. I am not buying corn at the grocery store any more. I have bought it like 4 times and each time it has been tough and sucky. Screw grocery store corn. I want mine local. I strongly encourage all of you to hit your local Farmers Markets as well. The prices are slightly more than the grocery store, but the quality more than makes up for it.

And on that note, night folks!

No comments: