Friday, May 29, 2009

Sneaky, Sneaky....

My boy is sneaky with an emphasis on the sneak.

We have these foam tiles on the playroom floor. Most of them are plain 24 x 24 tiles but I didn't order enough to cover the whole room so I finished up the room with some alphabet tiles. Ricky loves to pull up the alphabet tiles.

Some nights I fight him on it, some nights I just don't have the energy and half of them are up by the time he goes to bed.

The other day, I caught him messing with them and said "Ricky.....No!" He patted it back down and stood up and started stomping on it like he was putting it back in place and had this look on his face like "Wha...I was just making sure it is in there good and tight. I didn't do anything."

Riiiiiight.

He is going to be 15 mos next week and he is already learning how to be sneaky and, to use a scarier term, a bit deceitful. I mean, it's funny, but it's not. Ugh.

In other funny news, sometimes when I say No, he covers his ears. "La la la, I can't hear you!" That is better than the alternative of making a really angry face and fake crying like he does to the daycare provider when she says no.

Every day we learn something new, see something new and have tons of fun. He really is a great little boy and one of the greatest joys I have ever had is watching him figure things out.


1 comment:

Daily Verses said...

Isn't it amazing when you watch them develop these kinds of "skills" (for lack of a better word). Something about human nature that is just built into us... the need to hide, lie, etc. But the upside is that you also get to watch them develop love, joy, compassion, and all the greatest of skills, too.