Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions?

I don't care for the word "resolution". It seems to just set me up for failure, regardless how daunting (lose all that weight you always wanted to drop) or dainty (actually balance my checkbook) the resolution might be.

So today, I went to Thesaurus.com to find a new word. Resolution just seems too....hard. Just a handful of synonyms to resolution are: constancy, dauntlessness (wtf?), fortitude, guts, intention, purpose, spirit, spunk, stubbornness and tenacity.

Hmmm, I like spunk. But spunk could mean something else and the phrase "I like spunk" begs for someone to just say something of, um, poor taste.

So - for the New Year, my intentions are.....

Are you ready? It's a pretty big one?

To learn how to make Madelines. I have had the pan for like 3 years and decided it needs to get put to use. You know Madelines, the sweet buttery shell shaped spongy dessert they sell in packs of 3 at Starbucks? Yeah, those. I want to learn how to make those.

Oh, and lose another 40 lbs. I am still on the weight loss train and plan on hitting back at Jenny Craig hard and heavy in a couple weeks but decided it was just too difficult to stick to it during the Holidays. So far it hasn't been so bad. I haven't lost, but I haven't gained either. Well, that actually depends on the time of day that I weigh myself.

Other than that, just the normal "spend more time with my family, keep the house better, yada yada yada, you know the routine.

I had grand visions of a picture of Ricky dressed as Baby New Year to greet you, but him being sick has put a damper on my shopping for a sash and well....I'm not crafty.

Happy New Years folks!


No comments: