Thursday, October 2, 2008

Coming Off the Fence

Ok...I am doing it, I am getting off the fence. I can't take it anymore. I have been a wishy washy, flip flopping gal. It's official, I am becoming an Obama Mama. I have reasons, good reasons in my mind. I will not get into them here because well...I have a lunch meeting starting in 6 minutes and that just isn't enough time. One of the biggest - do not tell me what I can or can't do with MY body.

As far as John.....I respect John but he is old. So old. I remember my Grandma when she was that age and while she was still pretty sharp, she was definitely confused a little more than I was comfortable with. And she has never been a POW. What do you think his dreams are like? I just can't get over that if something happens to him, SHE will be President. OMG, I can't take it anymore.

She sealed her fate with me in a Katie Couric interview. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a political analyst in the least and don't know everything about both candidates. But this woman....I could find 100 other women that are more qualifed than she is for the gig. I haven't watched her every word, I haven't seen every interview. But when Katie Couric (hard hitting journalist that she is!) asks you "Prior to this nomination, what publications did you read to stay on top of news regarding the economy, gov't, war, etc?" (I'm totally paraphrasing here, but that was the jist of the question) and Palin's response was "All of them." Katie prodded...."Oh....ok. Can you can name a publication, a paper, magazine....do you recall names of anything that you read?" and Palin's response was still, in her sickeningly sweet tone "Oh....you know, just anything that came across my desk. Basically all of them."

I just can't take it any more.

You're telling me you have read every single news publication? EVER? Could she seriously be more out of the loop? Are you kidding me?

So, in honor of her um, political prowess and interview skills, I present you with the following.

Letterman's Top 10 Things Overheard at Palin Debate Camp:

10. "Let's practice your bewildered silence."
9. "Can you try saying 'yes' instead of 'you betcha'?"
8. "Hey, I can see Mexico from here!"
7. "Maybe we'll get lucky and there won't be any questions about Iraq, taxes or healthcare."
6. "We're screwed!"
5. "Can I just use that lipstick-pit bull thing again?"
4. "We have to wrap it up for the day -- McCain eats dinner at 4:30."
3. "Can we get Congress to bail us out of this debate?"
2. "John Edwards wants to know if you'd like some private tutoring in his van."
1. "Any way we can just get Tina Fey to do it?"


BTW - anytime she says "Russia" tonight, do a shot of vodka. I think we're gonna need it. Also, I swear the picture of her on Wiki is Tina Fey instead.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I honestly CAN NOT wait until tonight!! The kids are going to bed early! I about died laughing and was so embarrassed for her with Katie...no wonder they took her away and sequestered her before this debate.