Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bye Bye!


Yesterday we had to say Goodbye to Rick's nieces, Brittany and Jasmine. They came in mid May to help out with Ricky when I first returned to work and they have made the transition so much easier. We are going to miss them so much. I don't think they knew what they were in for when they offered to come help, but believe me, it was greatly appreciated. The whole goal of all this was to try to get Ricky to around 5-6 months old before he would need to start daycare, just let his immune system mature a bit more. Also nobody loves your baby like family. It was a real pleasure having them here.

I will say one thing for sure, we definitely got spoiled. It isn't unusual for Rick to end up doing work at midnight or 3am as part of his job. He is an oncall engineer and anytime maintenance work is done that could cause any customer impact, it has to be done in the wee morning hours. There were even a couple times when Ricky was up and needing fed while Rick was working - Brittany Or Jasmine would even take care of that for us if they were up (which they usually were).

So now they are gone and I have to take my baby to a stranger and have her take care of him. This just isn't natural! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Maybe I can talk Rick in to moving to Winchester in a year or so (after the real estate market bounces back) and we can leave Ricky at Casa Redden. She keeps offering "If you lived out here, I would take care of him...." Be careful what you say Jess, I might just take you up on that.

Bye Bye Brittany & Jasmine. We miss you already. *sniff*
Posted by Picasa

No comments: