Monday, February 11, 2008

Another weekend put to bed...

Whew....what a weekend!! It was chock full of activity and nervous moments and exhaustion and tons of fun. So, I'll start at the beginning.

Friday - I took the day off from work. Had a new cleaning service coming to the house so I wanted to be here to check things out. Besides, no key and alarm code given on the first visit people. Saw the OB, he circled my weight on the chart - I was up 6 lbs in 2 wks. Oh yeah...did I mention that my BP was 140/100? Fret not, it was NOT preeclampsia. My BP has been normal throughout as have my urine tests. I was retaining water like the freakin Hoover Dam so perhaps it was the sodium in the chinese food.....and maybe the fish & chips.....and I think I had some fast food at one point mid week last week. Needless to say, I am being very careful about watching my sodium intake now. Also, mid Friday afternoon I developed a little cough. It came and went and I didn't really pay much attention to it....what a mistake!

Saturday was pretty darn cool. Jess came over to help prepare for my shower that was on Sunday. She was hosting the shower, but since she lives about an hour away, it was much more convenient to have it at my place. Besides, what mother of five couldn't use a break so she even got a little sabbatical. She walked into the nursery and I think she ovulated right then and there. She was SO excited. I couldn't really feel it - maybe because I'm over being pregnant, who knows. The nursery isn't even set up, the crib has become a repository for all gifts and goodies received thus far. Saturday night, I went to a triplet mom's dinner with her at Maggiano's. We got the time of the reservation mixed up so we ended up being early. Fortunately, Sharper Image was just across from the place and we camped out in massage chairs for 45 minutes. Yeah, that rocked. On to dinner...7 ladies, 6 of which had triplets. I know, I was such an underachiever having just ONE. But some said they might even check out my blog....just to see what it is like to have one kid. Everyone was lovely, my meal was HUGE (as was Jessica's, she tells you all about it). The conversation was spectacular. Remember the cough, it was accompanied by a stuffy nose by this time. A stuffy nose that opened up just enough for me to be able to take in the aroma of the lovely wine the ladies had with their dinner. Man....I'd give a baby for a glass of wine right now. BTW....thanks to all the swelling, my big head is even bigger. Ugh.

Shower time! Jess and I woke up feeling all sorts of icky. We walked around in a total daze most of the morning until the brunch/shower began. It was a lovely shower. Some friends I haven't seen in the longest time were able to attend. We spent alot of time just chatting and visiting together. We played just a couple games. It was an intimate shower as we had also just had one at work the week before. That makes this shower number three! Needless to say, I have ALOT of stuff. This also means I have ALOT of laundry to do. We received some amazing gifts and it was just a perfect day. I don't have too much food left over but I have a spectacular fruit tart that we forgot to put out. Remember, I said Jess and I were a little icky and in quite the daze. But, the fruit tart is REALLY good.

So, all in all.....awesome weekend. Lots went on, I didn't do too much. The most walking I did was going to the bathroom. I watched my salt, visited with some awesome friends and just soaked in the love. It was great. Thank you to everyone who made it special. But most of all, thank you to Jessica for going all out. She really went above and beyond and I can't even say how much I appreciate all of her effort. I don't think she realizes how much it has meant to me to have her by my side through all of this. You're amazing. Even if you don't hear it from anyone else, just know that in my eyes you are.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! It's just me, checking in to see what it's like to have 1 baby. hee hee

Jessica said...

I can't imagine doing this with anyone else, for anyone else... After all that you've seen me through, it's so fun to have something like this that's so positive and uplifting to celebrate... We all love you so much here, and are so excited to meet the newest addition to the family!

Kelli said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!! It was so nice to meet you on Saturday....what an awesome time I had too!

Just checking in to see what it is like to have one baby too ;o)

Kelli

Kelly said...

Another one us triplet mom ladies checking in on you. It was really nice to meet you on Saturday.