Saturday, January 12, 2008

My secret guilty pleasure.....

No, it isn't ice cream, brownies, Chili Cheese Fritos or Dr Pepper. I will proudly acknowledge all of those guilty pleasures. I love staying in bed until 11am and I still watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch sometimes. I will also freely admit that I have seen every episode of Friends and Sex & the City multiple times.

But the one thing, the thing that I find the most shame in is admitting that my most recently acquired guilty pleasure is....(gasp) Britney Spears. I know there are others out there with me. You know you are or else she wouldn't be all over the internet and every tabloid magazine like she is. We just don't admit it.

I can't help it. It's like watching a train wreck of sorts. I can't stand reality tv. I think I watched Real World when I was just out of high school and that's about it. I don't watch Jerry or Maury or Montel or anything else like that. Even if I am home all day long for whatever reason, the tv is normally on HGTV or Food. Heck - I don't even watch "A Birth Story" or whatever else on Discovery Health all about childbirth. Why freak myself out after all?

I don't really go digging for Britney info, I just check TMZ about every other day wondering what she is up to. I don't get pleasure from any of her antics and quite honestly I can't describe how I feel about this poor girl. I want to say I feel sorry for her, but she does make over 700k/month so I can't feel that sorry for her. She clearly had no boundaries set as she was growing up (shame on her parents!) and never had an opportunity to just be in high school, be normal, make the same f'd up decisions we all have made at one point or another. This gal has so many obstacles to overcome it is overwhelming just thinking about it.

The other thing that amazes me is that throughout all of this, nobody anywhere has mentioned post partum. Aren't you more likely to suffer from post partum depression if you were depressed or borderline when you initially got pregnant? Geesh - married to K-Fed, I sure would have been. Who would have thought he would come out of this whole thing as the stable parental unit?

So, let's all just hope that she is able to get the help she needs and get her stuff together so she can be a mom to her adorable boys. Regardless of how any of us feel about her, she is still a mom in need of help. Help from someone other than Dr. Phil. I don't watch him either.....ICK.

No comments: