Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sugar Crash & Burn!

Aaaaahhhhh, Halloween. We do Halloween up pretty big at work with a decorating contest for each floor, pumpkin carving, Trick or Treat with the kids from 3-5pm, all kinds of Halloween fun. And of course, candy. Lots and lots of candy.

A colleague and I went to Costco for lunch and to pick up candy for our evening Trick or Treaters. Costco is the best place for a cheap lunch, you just can't beat $1.50 for a hot dog and soda, $3 for some ginormous chicken bake hot pocket thing, don't forget the pizza and of course if it is the weekend you have the free samples.

So, we got lunch and split a sundae, altogether for around $5. I think by lunchtime I had already ate a couple pieces of candy. Add the lunch ice cream, then some more candy in the afternoon while the kids were there in their super cute costumes and by this point, I had totally overloaded on sugar.

I thought my head was thumping so much it was going to pop off. By the time I got home, there was no way I was going to sit on a porch with a bunch of screaming kids. I tried the honors system, put a giant bowl of candy on the porch with a little sign and decided to see what happened. Overall, things went fairly well. There was one group of older kids that decided to empty the bowl. Fortunately I had planned for this and didn't put everything out. It was a small price to pay to not have to sit on the cold porch or hear the doorbell every 2 minutes.

I think that headache lingered until late last night. It sucked sucked sucked!

Mental note, don't eat the chocolatey chewy goodness of the Snickers bar or the rainbow of fruit flavors in Skittles to such extremes next time. If I'm not careful, they will be off limit for a long long time.

Speaking of......glucose test coming up for gestational diabetes in 4 weeks. Other than this, all is well. We discussed the ultrasound but didn't change the due date just yet. I measured at 21 wks 1 day when I was 19 wks 3 days. If we went by sono, the due date would be March 2, LMP is March 15. Then Doc said something about "Maybe it's just a big baby and you will go early...." BIG BABY?!?!?! Like how big????

Pookie and I thought we would shoot for leap year. I know, shot in the dark, but if the date does get moved up, it isn't entirely impossible.

No comments: