Monday, October 1, 2007

Zzzzzz.....

Ah, sleep. Sweet, delicious sleep.

I love to sleep. It is easily in my top 10 list of favorite things to do to pass the time, aside from reading, watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and baking (come see me at Christmas). Yes, I know, get all the sleep while I can. I know this. And to you mom's out there, you can curse me all you want. I am just planning ahead, hoping that I can bank some sleep points to use later. I know this isn't how it really works, but let's just go with the flow.

Lately, sleep has become certainly more interesting (that's a separate posting when I am ready to um, share the details) and even more challenging at times.

I bought a Snoogle pillow in hopes that it would help me remain on my side and give me that all needed support between my knees to keep the low back in alignment. Also, you know the deal with eventual problems sleeping on your back. This doesn't appear to be an issue yet as I keep waking up on my back. This leads me to put yet another pillow either in front of or behind me (depending on how the Snoogle is being used) in a last ditch effort to keep from sleeping on my back. Anyway, the Snoogle rocks. My only problem.....

The last 3 days I have woken up with a headache at the base of my skull. I am missing my Tempur-Pedic neck pillow. I specifically bought this pillow around 4 years ago just to avoid such headaches. So, now the battle begins. Which one wins? Snoogle with it's all powerful ability to prevent the back pain? I have tried to use another pillow in between the legs and they just don't work as well and they just end up on the floor. Or the Tempur-Pedic with it's dynamic skill of preventing those awful morning headaches?

Maybe I can just alternate from one night to the next and try to get the best of both worlds. I have given up on making my bed. There are so many pillows that get in the way and they are either going to sit on the bed or the floor as I don't have a behemoth walk in closet in which to hide them like some of you do. You know who you are. I am just green with envy because I had to kick Pookie out of our closet to accommodate my growing wardrobe.

I think I will go back to my Tempur-Pedic tonight. Fear not Snoogle for I shall return.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Are you referring to my closet? It's still nearly empty if you'd like to house some things in there for awhile :)
So with the Snoogle... Here's an idea. Move it so that you're not so much using it as a pillow for your head, use it as a back support pillow but let the pillow end at the base of your neck. So make the pillow look more like a U shape. Know what I mean? It would be better if I could just show it to you in person, maybe I'll go take a picture...