Thursday, September 6, 2007

Toto, there's no place like home

So I had to go to Kansas City this week for a couple days for work. Hotel was nice but there is still nothing like the comfort of home. With the limited amount of time there, that didn't leave much time for exploring anything other than dinner. Last time I had some kick ass bbq and I do love some bbq, but in the interest of avoiding any unnecessary heartburn and reflux flare ups, I denied myself. That sucked. Anyway, the little things I missed were...
  • Cold water in the middle of the night
  • On screen program guide on the tv
  • Soft towels
  • Water pressure
  • My parking spot
  • My umbrella (it totally rained, my hair frizzed, you get the point)
My room was perfectly fine, the bed was super comfy and I think there were like 6 pillows on my king sized bed, but it just isn't home. To get anything from room service takes 45 minutes and while the towels were super absorbent, they weren't soft and snuggle smelling. Of course parking is always fun and I think I got all of the soap out of my hair this morning. Oh - turns out that no matter what time zone I am in, I still get up at 4am to go to the bathroom.

However on the way back from dinner last night, I did catch a rainbow in the distance. Get it? Kansas......Over the rainbow.....nevermind.

Anyway, now I am chillaxing in the living room in my new cushy and uber comfy leather recliner (mine is dark brown). *Sigh* Feels like.......home!

No comments: