Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When Daddy's Away....

Mommy & Ricky will play. Daddy is out of town

With just the two of us it seems crazy to cook an entire meal and knowing how I am about leftovers (fickle at best) they won't be eaten.

On Monday night, we went to Fair Oaks Mall for a few. Ricky played to his little hearts content, I went to JC Penney and picked up a couple pairs of slacks, then we hit Corner Bakery for dinner.

Tuesday night - repeat. Only this time with Chick Fil A - we love CFA. Their play area smelled like a thousand pairs of stinky feet were in there at once. Then off to Burlington Coat Factory for random crap that I didn't need but at least now my oven has a safety latch on it. I feel compelled to mention that Burlington Coat Factory, they're not all that cheap. The least expensive toddler outfit I found was $12 and it was just eh. They are just eh in my book but I did manage to pick up a few things.

Why do I keep spending money when I should only be buying dinner? I have a problem.

Oh yeah, my point? Back to Ricky and his playing.

Monday night at the mall, he was quite the gentleman. Played with all sorts of kids, slid here and there, climbed this and that. All the things a toddler should do. Tuesday, he was mesmerized by a bigger kid and his stupendous climbing abilities in the CFA playground. I could totally see the wheels turning in his head, dreaming of the days when he would be big enough to climb that high. He was having a grand time.

That is until he face planted on the side of the bench where I was sitting. It was like a booth bench and covered in padding, but he felt it and screamed his little head off. For like a minute. Then he went back to playing.

My favorite thing he did, well it was quite unique.

We took a bath. Sometimes he pees in the bath, it happens, I'm ok with it. It's pee, it's sterile. It'll be ok.

But when he stood there and went #2 - ick. Fortunately all the water was drained and we didn't have a floater situation.

I just grabbed some TP, picked it up, flushed it and grabbed a Clorox wipe and cleaned the tub. What else do you do, right? But if someone had told me five years ago that I would be picking a turd out of my bathtub, I would have told them they were insane. Now, whatever. You do what you have to do, right?

Tonight - more playing. Our neighbor is bringing her son over for dinner and playtime. Hopefully it will be a poo-free evening. But I have some wine, just in case.


1 comment:

BigP's Heather said...

I keep waiting for it to happen to me. I know it is bound to happen at some point...